Every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus: a major and an elective. The French major class meets every morning Monday to Friday while electives meet three afternoons a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Majors: French language
Electives and Workshops: French Conversation and Culture, Photography, Studio Art, French Cinema, Riviera Sports
Students are placed in their French class according to their level, we accept beginners, intermediate and advanced speakers. There is a placement test on the first day of class.
In addition, we offer individual tutoring and intensive small group workshops, for those who want to challenge themselves and see a dramatic improvement in their French proficiency. Our language classes are taught in a fun, interactive, experiential way, maximizing intensive language and cultural immersion.
Important note: Curfew and Free Time
The students will have approximately 2 – 3 hours of free time per day, subject to our safety rules and guidelines. The curfew is at 11 pm on weekdays and 11.30 – 12 midnight on weekends, subject to change at program director’s discretion.
Some of our students’ favorite activities are:
- French conversation over coffee and ice cream in Old Nice
- Photography scavenger hunt in Arenas park
- Live French lesson in the Flower Market of Nice
- Parasailing and windsurfing on the beach off the Promenade des Anglais
- Salsa night in Place Massena in Nice
- Talent show and evening outing in Acropolis
- Music and dance at the Nice Jazz Festival
- Theater workshop with French teenagers and the St. Laurent theater troupe
- Barbeque party with French teenagers in St. Laurent
- French movie night at the residence
- Pottery workshop in Nice