Every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus: a major and an elective. The French major class meets every morning Monday to Friday while electives meet three afternoons a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Majors: French Language
Electives and Workshops: French Conversation and Culture, Photography, Studio Art, Film, Riviera Sports
On this program, students are required to have completed at least one year of French. Students are placed in their French class according to their level, we accept intermediate and advanced speakers. There is a placement test on the first day of class.
In addition, we offer individual tutoring and intensive small group workshops, for those who want to challenge themselves and see a dramatic improvement in their French proficiency. Our language classes are taught in a fun, interactive, experiential way, maximizing intensive language and cultural immersion.
Some of our students’ favorite activities are:
- French conversation over coffee and ice cream in Old Nice
- Photography scavenger hunt in Arenas park
- Live French lesson in the Flower Market of Nice
- Parasailing and windsurfing on the beach of St. Laurent
- Salsa night in Place Massena in Nice
- Talent show and evening outing in a private club in St. Laurent
- Music and dance at the Nice Jazz Festival
- Theater workshop with French teenagers and the St. Laurent theater troupe
- Visit to Musée Matisse in Nice’s Cimiez neighborhood
- Barbeque and dance party with French teenagers in St. Laurent
- French movie night
- Pottery workshop in Nice