Every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus in Cadiz: a major and an elective. The Spanish major class meets every morning Monday to Friday while electives meet three afternoons a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Students interested in earning college credit will have the option of doing so via our local partner school, Melkart Academy.
Majors: Spanish language
Electives and Workshops: Spanish Conversation and Culture, Photography, Sports, Drawing.
Students are placed in their Spanish class according to their level, we accept beginners, intermediate and advanced speakers. There is a placement test on the first day of class.
In addition, we offer individual tutoring and intensive small group workshops, for those who want to challenge themselves and see a dramatic improvement in their Spanish proficiency. Our language classes are taught in a fun, interactive, experiential way, maximizing intensive language and cultural immersion.
Some of our students’ favorite activities are:
- Tapas night in Plaza de la Catedral
- Kayaking in the Bay of Cadiz
- Salsa dancing near Plaza Mina
- Intensive Spanish conversation over coffee and churros in Plaza San Francisco
- Flamenco night in La Cava
- Community service workshops (optional)
- Evening outings with local teens
- Beach soccer on Playa la Caleta
- Water rides in Aquatic Park
- Trip to Castillo Santa Catalina
- Beach time on Playa Victoria
- Climbing to Torre Poniente and Torre Tavira with a stunning view of Cadiz
- Visit of the Oratory of Santa Cueva (Holy Cave)