By our Resident Artist Justyna Ptak
Top 10 Things to Do in Florence
Florence is the capital of Renaissance. This town is considered one of the most important places in the world when it comes to art and culture. Many famous personalities like Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael lived and worked here.
1. The Uffizi Gallery is definitely our pick for the #1 thing to do in Florence. It’s easily the best collection of Italian paintings. Here you can live surreal experience with enormous Botticelli paintings all over the walls and be a part of an imaginary world.
2. The Piazza della Signoria we note like #2 This gorgeous open piazza is the front “yard” of what was once the ruling Medici family’s home – the Palazzo Vecchio, which has a “David” replica standing at its entrance.
3. Beeing in Florence you need as well climb the Duomo’s Dome. The dome of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore designed by Brunelleschi, not only offers a lovely view but also a quick lesson in architecture as you climb the slanty staircase between the two layered domes (the only way to create a dome of that size at the time).
4. The Campanile is an other part of the Duomo complex, which includes the Cathedral and the Baptistery. After the Duomo, the Campanile is one of the most recognizable buildings in Florence. It is 278 feet high and offers fine views of Florence.
5. The Ponte Vecchio is one of the oldest bridges in Europe. Here’s nothing quite like ending a day in Florence perched in the center of the bridge overlooking the river as the sun goes down.
6. The Piazzale Michelangelo is another place to see, from here you can get the Perfect Postcard View over all Florence.
7. Gelato Every Day. The gelato from Florence is known for being especially fantastic. There are gelato shops all over the city.
8. Florence’s Galleria dell’ Academia holds important paintings and sculptures from the 13th-16th centuries. It is the home of Michelangelo’s original sculpture David, probably the most famous sculpture in the world.
9. Florence’s famous leather markets is something that’s worth a few minutes of your time. Famouse fashion brand Gucci was founded in Florence at the end of the 19th century, the company became one of the world’s most successful manufacturers of high-end leather goods, clothing, and other fashion products.
10. At the end we will invite you to the Giardini di Boboli. This beautiful 16th-century style park is full of the lavish sculpteures, fountains, grottos and garden temples.