Québec City, Canada
2 week option: June 25th- July 8th or July 8th- July 22th
3 week option June 25h- July 15th
Full Program: June 25th- July 22th
Montreal (optional extension) July 22th- July 25th
PROMOTIONAL FEES ( JAN 25TH )
$3,295$3,145 (2 weeks)
$5,295$4,995 (3 weeks)
$5,995$5,595 (4 weeks)
(+$985 optional extension to Montreal)
Université Laval Dorm
Grades 7 – 9, 9 – 12
Levis, Cap Tourmente, Cap Rouge, Île d’Orléans, St.-Anne de Beaupré, Wendake
Travel Extension (included)
Montreal, July 22-25
The most French city in North America, Québec is a must-see for anyone passionate about French culture. This beautiful city is located along the banks of the Saint Lawrence River and is the capital of the Canadian province of Québec.
Whether enjoying fine dining along the rue St. Jean, shopping at the Marché Vieux Port, practicing your French at a fondue restaurant or strolling along the ramparts, students will be immersed in one of the most fascinating francophone cultures in the world.
It is the most financially feasible option for most students who wish to experience French immersion.
- live in a modern dormitory on a lovely, centrally located university campus
- Benefit from a life-changing pre-college experience in one of Canada’ oldest and picturesque cities
- Learn in a fun, interactive way, outside of the classroom, immersing in the local community (hence our Experiential Learning Method!)
- Experience authentic cultural immersion
- Be a savvy, sophisticated traveler. Go above and beyond the standard tourist checklist!
- Meet local teens and make friends from all over the world
- All inclusive 2, 3 or 4 week sessions
- Optional 3-day travel extension to Montreal
- Pre-Summer Language Courses and Tutoring Online (get an early start on practicing your French!)
- Included trips to Levis, Cap Tourmente, Cap Rouge, Île d’Orléans, St.-Anne de Beaupré, Wendake and more
Student favorite activities
- Festival de Québec
- the Galerie d’Art Internationale
- Musée de la Civilization
- Shopping on Rue St.-Jean
- Parc des Champs-de-Bataille
- Ghost tour of Québec City
- Mystery dinner on the Plains of Abraham
- Outdoor cinema at St.-Roch Cathedral
- Musical concert at Le Capitole
- Sports activities on the Plains of Abraham
- Live traditional music Chez Son Père
The “dorm” is a central part of any college experience. By living on the campus of the prestigious Université Laval, conveniently located a short distance from the historic center of Québec, you’ll get to experience this part of college life ahead of time (with the added benefit of your Abbey Road staff members living in the same building). You’ll be on the college “meal plan,” live in campus dorms with your Abbey Road peers and be expected to manage your daily schedule. In your free time (and respecting our safety guidelines) you’ll be ideally located to easily take advantage of the excitement of the Quebec City center. Students will also have access to sport and gym facilities offered on campus.
Every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus: a major and an elective. The French major class meets every morning Monday to Friday while electives meet three afternoons a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Major: French language
Electives and Workshops: French Conversation and Culture, Photography/filmmaking, and studio art
Students are placed in their French class according to their level, we accept beginners, intermediate and advanced speakers. There is a placement test on the first day of class.
In addition, we offer individual tutoring and intensive small group workshops, for those who want to challenge themselves and see a dramatic improvement in their French proficiency. Our language classes are taught in a fun, interactive, experiential way, maximizing intensive language and cultural immersion.
Weekend Day Trips
In addition to showing you all of the most celebrated and “lesser known” cultural sites in Quebec, the program allows you to explore the most beautiful sites of the region.
Some of the students’ favorites include:
- Explore Levis and its old town
- Adventure at Cap Tourmente National Wildlife Area
- Discover Cap Rouge ,the first attempted permanent European settlement in North America
- Crossing the St Lauwrence to Île d’Orléans, birthplace of Francophones in North America
- Visiting St.-Anne de Beaupré
- Study the structure of an actual volcano at Lemptegy Natural Park
- leisure and discovery in Cartier-Brébeuf
- Guided tour of Château Frontenac
- Day trip to Wendake Village
Optional travel extension (Montreal)
At the end of the program, students can choose to travel together to Montréal for three days. The group will stay in a 3-star hotel located within walking distance of many beautiful sites and monuments. The itinerary includes visits to the Musée de Beaux Arts de Montréal and the Musée D’Archéologie. Students will also enjoy Vieux Montréal and the Quartier Latin.