Every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus in Barcelona: a major and an elective. Major classes meet every morning Monday to Friday, while electives meet three afternoons a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Major: Spanish Language, Business & Marketing, Digital Photography
Electives and Workshops: Art History, Photography, Spanish Conversation, Fashion Design, Digital Marketing, SAT Prep, Spanish Cinema, Spanish Cuisine, Soccer
This frees up two afternoons per week for you to attend the many workshops, excursions and fun activities, such as kayaking or sailing at the local beaches, visiting museums, practicing your Spanish with the locals, and so on. We will always give you at least two to three options to choose from just to make sure there is something for everyone.
Important note: Curfew and Free Time
The students will have approximately 2 – 3 hours of free time per day, subject to our safety rules and guidelines. The curfew is at 11 pm on weekdays and 11.30 – 12 midnight on weekends, subject to change at program director’s discretion.
Some of our students’ favorites are:
- parasailing over the beaches of Barceloneta
- admiring Gaudi’s masterpieces at Casa Batllo and Casa Mila
- tapas tasting in the fashionable El Born district
- Spanish conversation over coffee and churros
- sushi night by the Arc de Triomf
- dance night with the local youth
- outdoor soccer match in Park Ciutadel
- flamenco dance workshop with local experts
- paying tribute to the local soccer shrine, the FC Barcelona museum
- enjoying a fun ride and in incredible view at the popular Tibidado park
- shopping at the outdoor market in spectacular Plaza Real
- Magic Fountain show at Plaza Espagna
- picnic in Gaudi’s Park Guell