Every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus in Florence: a major and an elective. Major classes meet every morning Monday to Friday, while electives meet three afternoons a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Students interested in earning college credit will have the option of doing so via our local partner school, Lorenzo de Medici Institute.
Majors: Art History, Studio Art (Drawing, Oil Painting), Italian Language, Cinema & Filmmaking, Fashion Design
Electives and Workshops: Photography, Fashion Design, SAT Prep, Italian Conversation, Italian Cinema, Tuscan Cuisine, Drawing, Oil Painting, Art History & Architecture, Community Service/Art Restoration, Theater & Acting
Important note: Curfew and Free Time
The students will have approximately 2 – 3 hours of free time per day, subject to our safety rules and guidelines. The curfew is at 11 pm on weekdays and 11.30 – 12 midnight on weekends, subject to change at program director’s discretion.
Some of our students’ favorites are:
- admiring the legendary Renaissance masterpieces at the Uffizi, Bargello, Palazzo Pitti, Palazzo Medici and countless other Florentine museums
- sketching Michelangelo’s David at the Galleria dell’Accademia as part of the art class taught by our faculty
- an evening soccer match in Piazzale Michelangelo
- Iron Chef culinary competition at our residence judged by the staff
- sketching Florentine life in Piazza Santa Croce
- fashion workshop with Italian fashion designers
- …and many more. Have a look at the gallery below