July 3 - 31
Paris (optional extension)
July 31 - August 4
$6,395 (+ $985 optional extension to Paris)
If you are looking for summer studies in France and homestay program for younger students (12 – 14 year olds), then our Junior French Immersion program in Antibes, France, is the perfect fit for you. Located in the heart of the French Riviera, right between Cannes and Nice, this stylish, comfortable city offers the perfect introduction to French language and culture.
During your month in Antibes you will experience l’autentique vie quotidienne of Southern France. By sharing daily meals and plenty of lively conversation with your homestay parents and siblings, you will get a genuine glimpse into the life of a typical French family. Weekday classes, daily activities, weekend excursions, day trips, and events are designed to complement your homestay experience in order to help you make the most of the French Rivera’s famous summer lifestyle.
- Live with friendly, hospitable homestay families, carefully selected and screened by our staff (most have been with us for many years)
- Enjoy delicious, authentic French cuisine prepared by your homestay parents
- Learn in a fun, interactive way, outside of the classroom, immersing in the local community (hence our Experiential Learning Method!)
- Improve your French in intensive small-group language workshops
- Experience authentic cultural immersion
- Be a savvy, sophisticated traveler. Go above and beyond the standard tourist checklist!
- Meet local teens and make friends from all over the world
- Included trips to Monaco, Cannes, San Tropez, San Remo, Eze, Beaulieu, Villefranche, Nice, St. Paul de Vence, and more
- All inclusive 2 or 4 week sessions
- Optional 4-day travel extension to Paris
Your homestay mothers will make delicious food for you most mornings and evenings. Some of the local favorites include many varieties of seafood and pasta, such as the famous bouillabaisse, the signature specialty of Southern France, or gnocchis niçois, or pissaladière. Some days the group will also go on evening outings to local restaurants or outdoor picnics.
No one will better introduce you to the French culture than your homestay family. Their home, which is typically located a short walk from the center of Antibes, will be the focal point of your study abroad experience. Though you will live with your hosts for the duration of the program, you do not spend every afternoon and evening “at home.” The program itinerary balances time with your family and time with the Abbey Road group.
On average, you’ll spend 3-4 evenings per week at home enjoying dinner and activities with your hosts or attending family events; the remaining evenings are spent with the group.
You will be part of our Abbey Road family, making new friends and immersing yourself in the French language and culture, under the supervision of our experienced and inspirational staff members.
Every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus: a major and an elective. The French major class meets every morning Monday to Friday while electives meet three afternoons a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Majors: French language
Electives and Workshops: French Conversation and Culture, Photography, Sports and Recreation
Students are placed in their French class according to their level, we accept intermediate and advanced speakers. There is a placement test on the first day of class.
In addition, we offer individual tutoring and intensive small group workshops, for those who want to challenge themselves and see a dramatic improvement in their French proficiency. Our language classes are taught in a fun, interactive, experiential way, maximizing intensive language and cultural immersion.
Some of our students‘ favorite activities are:
- French conversation over coffee and ice cream in Place Charles de Gaulle
- Photography scavenger hunt in Old Antibes
- Live French lesson in the Flower Market of Nice
- Parasailing and windsurfing on the beach of Juan-les-Pins
- Salsa night in Place Massena
- Music and dance at the Juan-les-Pins Jazz Festival
- Theater workshop with French teenagers
- Visit to Musée Matisse in Nice’s Cimiez neighborhood
- Barbeque party with French peers
- French movie night
- Admiring modern art in the Picasso museum of Antibes
In addition to showing you all of the most celebrated and “lesser known” cultural sites in Antibes and Juan-les-Pins, the program allows you to explore the most beautiful sites of the French and Italian Riviera.
Some of the students‘ favorites include:
- Visiting Cannes‚ Film Festival Palace
- Exploring the elegant St. Paul de Vence and its modern art museum, Fondation Maeght
- Shopping on La Croisette and Rue d’Antibes in Cannes
- Climbing to the top of Eze Village and its Fragonard Perfumery
- French cuisine workshop in St. Jean
- Kayaking along the coast of Cap Ferrat
- Visiting Monaco, its famous Palace of the Prince, Casino and Oceanographic Museum
- Tasting authentic Italian gelato on the day trip to San Remo
- Boat trip to St. Tropez, its pastel Old Town and chic boutiques
- Excursions to Villa Kerylos and Villa Rothschild
Optional Travel Extension – Paris
Ah, Paris! The city of lights! Delicious food, fantastic art, amazing architecture, the list goes on and on. A four-day visit to Paris is the perfect way to complete an Abbey Road adventure in France. Our exciting itinerary includes both guided visits to museums and historical sites and time for you to discover the city’s famous neighborhoods. Sure we will show you the Louvre, the Musée d’Orsay, the Centre Pompidou, Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower, among others, but you will also be free (within our safety guidelines) to enjoy the city’s famous café scene and shopping districts with your good friends in tow. Who knows, you just might even take a dinner cruise on the river Seine! In Paris, we will stay in a 3 star air-conditioned hotel in the city center.
Want to learn more?
Complete the form and we'll reply within 24 hours.